Sub-Accounts

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

danielmms2
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Sub-Accounts

Post by danielmms2 »

Hi

I'm wanting to set up some sub-accounts but can't seem to be able to find any way of doing this.

Basically, I have a few physical accounts that operate as follows.  One account, a basic savings account, will have a balance that comprises amounts earmarked for different things. For instance, I have an account that contains amounts for my son's university education.  I want it all in one main account with a total balance but then sub-accounts with individual balances for accommodation, living expenses, other and so forth.  I don't want to have separate physical accounts since this would become unmanageable.

Any suggestions for how to do this?  Gnucash allows me to operate sub-accounts in this way but I vastly prefer MMEX (especially as everything else is now set up how I want it).

Thoughts greatly appreciated!
HarryPalmer
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Sub-Accounts

Post by HarryPalmer »

If you want to set up sub-accounts - try googling it. I Or here in the Q&A. You're doing a good thing, paying for your kid's education. Education is so important now.
Sincerely yours, developer at <a href="https://writingpeak.co.uk/research-pape ... ng-service"> homework and other kinds of assignments </a> , Harry Palmer.