How to reconcile an account?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

rosede
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

How to reconcile an account?

Post by rosede »

I apologize if this is a duplicate post.   I posted a message earlier, but I don't see it in the topic list.  

I am a long time user of MS Money, Suset version.  I've been looking for a replacement for a many years and just now found Money Manger EX.

When I reconcile an account in MS Money, I click on a link, a window pops up prompting me for the statement starting balance, and the ending balance.  I then go through the process of verifying all of my transactions against my statement.

How do I do this in MMEX?  I finally figured out how to reconcile a single transaction, but I want to be able to emulate how I do this in MS Money.  

Thank you.

Daryl
rosede
New MMEX User

Re: How to reconcile an account?

Post by rosede »

I'm guessing by the lack of replies that I didn't explain the issue very well, and I need to do a better job at explaining what I want to accomplish.  

I get a monthly statement from my bank which has opening and closing balances.  In MS Money, I click a link that say's "Reconcile this account" (or similar to that).  A window pops up which has last months ending balance as this month's starting balance.  I then enter in the ending balance from the statement into the ending balance field in the window.  Money then shows all transactions that have not yet been reconciled.  I then painstakingly go through each and every transaction making sure that what I have matches the statement.  If it does, I check mark that transaction as being cleared.  After all have been cleared, and my balance is 0, I click finish, and Money tells me that my account is current.

Can Money Manager EX do this?  If it does, then I can't find a way to do it.  So far I can only clear a single transaction at at time.  But that doesn't let me balance my account with the bank statement.

Any comments?

Thank you

Daryl
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Rirht click on a account then Edit
Attachments
screenshot.518.jpg
screenshot.518.jpg
dkweb182
New MMEX User

Post by dkweb182 »

I have the same question. The reply above seems to only show a place to keep track of the reconciliation date. Is there a reconciliation function?
benquan
New MMEX User

Post by benquan »

Also new to Money manager EX, and coming from MS Money. This MMEX has great features, but I am also looking for an easy way to reconcile accounts like in MS Money. Is there an easy way to do it?