Android Port of MMEX

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

justakiwibird
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Android Port of MMEX

Post by justakiwibird »

Awesome! I understand that this can be synched to a pc via dropbox, but can I actually export my database file from my laptop to my tablet? I am going to be using my tablet from now on, and lending my laptop to my daughter but I'm hoping I won't have to set up my accounts etc and start from scratch.
justakiwibird
New MMEX User

Post by justakiwibird »

Can somebody please help me? As per my post above I am now using my tablet as my only computing device. I synched my mmb file from my (no longer used) laptop, which mmex has successfully picked up on my tablet. However dropbox keeps trying to sync the file - even though I have auto sync disabled on my tablet. Is there any way I can stop this happening OR is it possible for me to copy the mmb file to another location on my tablet and have mmex pick it up from there instead of from the dropbox directory?

The only reason I needed to use dropbox initially was to get mmex to pick up the data file, so that I didn't have to set it up from scratch. Now that I've done that I don't need to ever sync it again as I don't plan on using mmex on any other device now.

:idea:
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi. Hope you solve the issue.

Your scenario is fairly simple. After you synced/downloaded the file from Dropbox the first time, you can use it on Android device. Just set synchronization to Never and it shoud work just fine.