Instructions please

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

djh22
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Instructions please

Post by djh22 »

Is there anywhere that I can find detailed instructions on how to use the Android app please ?
I've set up the desktop software and have uploaded the database to Dropbox, I've also sync'd Dropbox to my Android but can't find away of loading the database into the app.
Thanks in advance,
Del.
djh22
New MMEX User

Re: Instructions please

Post by djh22 »

Please ignore my above request as I have now got the android app working.
Part 1
With the desktop software already running on my laptop,I opened a Dropbox account using my gmail email address as log in.
I then removed all traces of the android app from my mobile ,shut it down and restarted it,then I installed the Dropbox app using the same gmail email address.Then I reinstalled the MMEX droid app to my mobile and allowed it to link to the dropbox account.
Last edited by djh22 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djh22
New MMEX User

Re: Instructions please

Post by djh22 »

Part 2
Next from the Dropbox website I downloaded the Sync software onto my Laptop,then located the .mmb file created from the Desktop software set up and moved it into the MoneyManagerEx Mobile folder which is within the Apps folder of the Dropbox Sync folder.
Back on the Android app header bar I tapped on the folder icon and then the .mmb file synced there from my Laptop, I was then able to reload the app with all the bank transaction I set up showing.

Hope this helps anyone trying to install this excellent software.

Del.