Factory reset - backup? Data File Location?

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

MisterY
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Factory reset - backup? Data File Location?

Post by MisterY »

The database file is by default on an Internal Storage in MoneyManagerEx directory.
Any backup tool can be used to simply copy the file to a backup location.

My recommendation would be, if possible, to use a service like Dropbox that also keeps a history of file changes and, besides being a sync point, can also serve as a backup location. I'm not really using sync but mostly keeping the Dropbox synchronization exactly for this purpose.
Iacaerty
New MMEX User

Post by Iacaerty »

wsemzink wrote:Titanium Backup app needs your phone being rooted. I am using Android data recovery, which has a convenient backup and restore option.
Yeah , no matter what the data lost reason is ,as long as the phone data still exist in phone , we can restore lost data from Android Memory ,or directly extract data from backup files .
Raccerher
New MMEX User

Post by Raccerher »

Iacaerty wrote:
wsemzink wrote:Titanium Backup app needs your phone being rooted. I am using Android data recovery, which has a convenient backup and restore option.
Yeah , no matter what the data lost reason is ,as long as the phone data still exist in phone , we canrestore lost data from Android Memory ,or directly extract data from backup files .
You are right , from backup files to recover lost data is a effective way , but it depends on the data that has been backed up,
According to the author's title, you'd better use a good third-party tools : How to restore deleted data from Android memory
Shehab
New MMEX User

Post by Shehab »

Whyert wrote: To backup android data to computer, you can try Android Data Transfer tool, it could transfer everything from android  phone to computer ,  you are enable to fing out data from the backup  on the computer if you lost your data ;
and like me you use Android Data Rescuer to retieve data on android phone , 
How to regain photos on android phone ?
How to restore android messages ?

If you don't have backup, the third party recovery tool is the only solution to get back lost data from your Android. Among lots of tools, MobiKin Doctor will be a good choice.
stephanic
New MMEX User

Post by stephanic »

Hello,
If you have done factory reset of your phone then backup can help you get back your data. But if you have not done any backup then you can use a powerful backup solution known as Android Data Backup & Restore to backup all your important data in safe place. And whenever required you can easily restore them without any difficulty.
See more on: http://www.androiddata-recovery.com/and ... estore.php
LilianTaylor
New MMEX User

Post by LilianTaylor »

Yes, it is wise to back up Android data before factory reset. Of course, using the Android data backup tool is definitely not your only choice. MTP and Google are also doing a good job of backing up.