missing db

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

sbaamm
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

missing db

Post by sbaamm »

I have a rather strange problem, the db I'm working on apparently seems to Dropbox, do not really ò so, how can I indentificare the local db to my smartphone, where it is located? 
Thank you for your help 
my device and Wiko Sunset 
Android kit kat 
not roottato
AlessandroL
New MMEX User

Re: missing db

Post by AlessandroL »

Hi, the databases sync with Dropbox, you'll get it in the/sdcard/MoneyManagerEx/Dropbox folder.

However, if you use a local db without sync, the database is stored in the application folder not accessible if your device is not rooted.
However, if you have the database connected to the dropbox when you do a data change on Android or PC you should see synchronization notifications on Android device.

In the version that I'll release this week will be again activated the ability to display the path of the database.
Alessandro Lazzari
Project Manager and Main Developer of MoneyManagerEx for Android
android.money.manager.ex@gmail.com
partisano
New MMEX User

Post by partisano »

AlessandroL wrote:Hi, the databases sync with Dropbox, you'll get it in the/sdcard/MoneyManagerEx/Dropbox folder.

However, if you use a local db without sync, the database is stored in the application folder not accessible if your device is not rooted.
However, if you have the database connected to the dropbox when you do a data change on Android or PC you should see synchronization notifications on Android device.

In the version that I'll release this week will be again activated the ability to display the path of the database.
Hi, any problem on the new version release?

Sometimes when I open de Dropbox DB (the one I use on my PC and at job) it creates a new DB file conflicting with the existing one.
tim
New MMEX User

Post by tim »

Hi everyone,

new member.

MM seems to be superb, but I simply cannot get it to link to my dropbox file.
I have built a file on my pc, saved it as an encrypted file.
But the android app just cannot find it, all it found (once) was data.mmb which was its own file not mine......

It would appear at this stage that the android link is too fragile for serious use, what hopefully the dev's can do is make the android app able to select the file you want to upload/sync from ANY file in your dropbox,  What I suspect is happening at present is that the android app is only looking for the file on the internal sd card which of course is not the file I want in my online dropbox.

At present therefore it is of little use to me, once this is solved it will be invaluable, so guy's assuming they do sort this out what is a fair donation?  If you had to buy this commercially it would be at least $50 and maybe a lot more.......

Anyway well done to the devs so far.......
sbaamm
New MMEX User

Post by sbaamm »

Thanks Alessandro 
I have found that most fault lay in the fact that I had created a db with no extension, so when correctly set up to use Dropbox, in fact I could not find the db from your PC. 
Discovered the secret and solved the problem. 
Excellent program. 
Hello and thank you 
(translated by Google)