Money Manager EX on Android Problems

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

dprice8893
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Money Manager EX on Android Problems

Post by dprice8893 »

After the MM EX app couldn't sync on my phone, I discovered the database name had been changed in Dropbox without notification.

So with that sorted and after the latest MM EX update on android, the app won't allow me to make new entries. It fails and asks for the error log to be sent.

Seems like it's all going wrong at the moment after a few months of trouble free use.
dprice8893
New MMEX User

Re: Money Manager EX on Android Problems

Post by dprice8893 »

dprice8893 wrote:After the MM EX app couldn't sync on my phone, I discovered the database name had been changed in Dropbox without notification.

So with that sorted and after the latest MM EX update on android, the app won't allow me to make new entries. It fails and asks for the error log to be sent.

Seems like it's all going wrong at the moment after a few months of trouble free use.
Didn't realise there was yet another update. Everything is now back to normal. :D
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

It's not back to normal here. What is the correct path on drop box supposed to be?
ntrim
New MMEX User

Post by ntrim »

Here what I did (Mac OS X):

Unlink from Dropbox on Android app.

Remove the folder /Dropbpx/Apps/MoneyManagerEx Mobile and save it to Mac desktop.

Start the MMEX on Android phone and relink Dropbox. This action creates an empty folder to /Dropbox/Apps/MoneyManagerEx Android.

Then I copy database(s) from old folder to newly created folder (Mac).

Tap refresh on Android MMEX app and then select database to open.
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

Thanks that did the trick.
xirin
New MMEX User

Post by xirin »

I have the same problem and I couldn't solve it with the method above. I have MMEX in three android apparats. Apparently, in the newest one, the last where I installed MMEX, it's running properly, but I can't sync with the others. In the others the app ask for permissions in the folder "MoneyManagerEx Android" but, when I disconnect to dropbox and connect again and try to select the database file, it says that the folder "MoneyManager Ex Mobile" is empty. It seems that some information about the last path is still in the configuration. Thanks
feanor91
New MMEX User

Post by feanor91 »

Hi

I tried severla time to link/unlink and folder is nether created, an idea?
xirin
New MMEX User

Post by xirin »

Now it's solved for me. I'm not sure about what was the problem, apparently it was confused when I tried to relink the account, probable because I have two dropbox accounts with two differentes emails. It seems that the program was using the wrong email when it tried to connect to dropbox. 
Thanks
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi, all. It is interesting to see the different situations people run into.
I believe that, if you have a Dropbox app installed and logged-in, the authentication will automatically use that.
If there is no Dropbox app installed, a log-in page will be shown when linking to Dropbox.
Please keep this in mind.

Also, this may change after the rework of the synchronization engine in the next release. But more on that later.
dprice8893
New MMEX User

Post by dprice8893 »

Back to the same old problem. Major update on android and the app wont sync with dropbox or  anything else.:cry: