Sync problem since upgrade to 2016.11.01.944

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

Colourqueen
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Sync problem since upgrade to 2016.11.01.944

Post by Colourqueen »

Hi all

This seems to be similar to some other peoples' problems with syncing but I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread.

I am getting the error message "Error - the remote change date not found in the metadata" when I try to open my moneymanager database on my Android phone.
The syncronization setting are set to synchronize on start and the remote file is in Dropbox and is uploaded daily via a scheduled task and SyncToy from my desktop.
This setup has been working flawlessly for over a year but has stopped with the most recent release of the android version of moneymanager.

Before I go trying to change settings, does anyone have any suggested fixes?

Thanks
gadgetxj
New MMEX User

Re: Sync problem since upgrade to 2016.11.01.944

Post by gadgetxj »

Hello ColourQueen,

I had a similar issue following previous update - Error: Unparseable date, but I'm glad to report that this has been resolved following the latest update 2016.11.08.945

:D
GadgetXJ
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

The solution for the original issue is to force either download or upload manually. Use the appropriate option so that the database which is up-to-date is transferred correctly.
The reason is that the date for synchronization is either missing or is wrong for whatever reason, and needs to be set again. This will happen on the next successful synchronization. Therefore the need to trigger (force) it manually.
ssayan79
New MMEX User

Post by ssayan79 »

Hi all,

I find this software very useful, but I have a problem with the syncronization too.

I use the cloud database on the smartphone with dropbox, but when I go on dropbox the versions don't correspond eachother.

Is anyone else experimenting this kind of issue?

I'm a bit concerned because it may happen to reset the smartphone and I don't want to loose anything.

Thanks and Regards.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-02-01-07-56-23_2.jpg
Screenshot_2017-02-01-07-56-23_2.jpg (1.56 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
Screenshot_2017-02-01-07-56-23_2.jpg
Screenshot_2017-02-01-07-56-23_2.jpg (1.56 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

ssayan79 wrote:Hi all,

I find this software very useful, but I have a problem with the syncronization too.

I use the cloud database on the smartphone with dropbox, but when I go on dropbox the versions don't correspond eachother.

Is anyone else experimenting this kind of issue?

I'm a bit concerned because it may happen to reset the smartphone and I don't want to loose anything.

Thanks and Regards.
Hi, ssayan79,

I can confirm not having any significant issues during the several years I've used Dropbox synchronization. The later updates to the app have resolved what little issues was encountered in that period. I do not get any sync issues now, unless I really modify the databases at two places before synchronization. This is a standard sync issue and nothing can change that. You have to adapt your behaviour to avoid sync conflicts.

I would recommend setting up the synchronization as per User Manual. If there is anything unclear, please ask specific question or write the text you feel is missing and I can help by adding it to the instructions on the wiki.