My Passcode is not working

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

fuzzysimba
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

My Passcode is not working

Post by fuzzysimba »

It asks me for my pas scode and I put in the pass code and it will not accept it. I know it is correct. I do not want to lose all my info. I am on a a Samsung S6.

Thanks

Dawn
fitikoko
New MMEX User

Re: My Passcode is not working

Post by fitikoko »

The same problem on my Sony xperia xz. Can't access my database. I am sure my password is correct. It worked normally until today. Do you guys have any idea what went wrong? 
fleetwood
New MMEX User

Post by fleetwood »

Same problem here. Been just like this after my phone got Android Nougat. Same database works fine with other non-Nougat mobile devices.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

The problem is that, in Android 7, Google removed some encryption algorithms which were used to encode the PIN.
There is a temporary solution in place for Android 7+.
However, what you need to do is:
- remove the pin on Android 6 or lower,
- set the pin again on Android 7.

Unfortunately, these two schemes are not compatible. Some sort of a better solution needs to be found. Any volunteers are welcome to implement this.
As usual, being an Open Source project, we accept pull request. In fact, this is the only way to get the features into the app as we do not have a regular development team for Android version.
fitikoko
New MMEX User

Post by fitikoko »

MisterY wrote:The problem is that, in Android 7, Google removed some encryption algorithms which were used to encode the PIN.
There is a temporary solution in place for Android 7+.
However, what you need to do is:
- remove the pin on Android 6 or lower,
- set the pin again on Android 7.

Unfortunately, these two schemes are not compatible. Some sort of a better solution needs to be found. Any volunteers are welcome to implement this.
As usual, being an Open Source project, we accept pull request. In fact, this is the only way to get the features into the app as we do not have a regular development team for Android version.
corse63
New MMEX User

Post by corse63 »

Same problem since I switch to ANdroid 7. I applied the trick explained above, it works partially: I cannot have the data base protected and accessible from both Android 6 and 7
USB
New MMEX User

Post by USB »

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem since I update my Sony xperia Z3+ to Android 7.0. The solution to open the database on a android v6 phone is not possible any more as I have no access to such a phone nor can a set this one up to sync with a cloud provider either as I can not get to the settings any more. Is there a solution in sight?
smjohns
New MMEX User

Post by smjohns »

I have just noticed the same problem on my S7. I have just received the Nougat update and now I cannot open my Money file? Please can you advise how I can remove the passcode when I no longer have a phone running Marshmellow? I can still open the file on my Windows desktop but it insists on a passcode on my phone so assume the passcode must be written to the file somewhere? 
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

If you can still open it in Windows, could you cleanup it from your transactions/accounts etc.. and send me a PM with it? I'll try to check if I can fix it at database level
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

smjohns wrote:I have just noticed the same problem on my S7. I have just received the Nougat update and now I cannot open my Money file? Please can you advise how I can remove the passcode when I no longer have a phone running Marshmellow? I can still open the file on my Windows desktop but it insists on a passcode on my phone so assume the passcode must be written to the file somewhere? 
Hope this helps others, as well. You should be able to open the database with any tool that works with SQLite databases.
On a PC, I would recommend DbBrowser for SQLite, and on Android there is aSQLite Manager.
Once the database is open, navigate to InfoTable. There is a record there that contains the encrypted passcode. You can delete this record and save changes. The database should open without a passcode in the app.