Advanced Check Box on Transaction screens.

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Wirmike
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Advanced Check Box on Transaction screens.

Post by Wirmike »

On both the Transaction Screens within each account and the Recurring transaction screen the "Advanced" check box seems to control the amounts of money in the lower two fields - either they are the same or different.
On a number of occasions I have been frustrated in reconciling because of the setting in this box.
I can see no rhyme or reason for this 'facility', it is not (as far as I can see) in the Help/WIKI.
I wonder if there is a really good reason for it being there.  Perhaps I am missing the point of  some fantastic and clever feature(!)

Can anyone advise?
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: Advanced Check Box on Transaction screens.

Post by GabrieleV »

Hi, it's used in transfers, to manage different currencies or bank charge for transfer.

Practically it's used when you have a transfer that white drawl some money from an account but doesn't deposit the same amount on the destination account.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

I have noticed too that the box will get checked magically sometimes, but it seems rare and I haven't been able to figure out the conditions that reproduce it.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

May be it depend on currencies rate.
When a transaction created it's one rate then after some time the other rate.
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

I only have one currency and have never intentionally checked the "advanced" box but I had the same issue as the op where when reconciling something was off and it turned out to be that somehow the checkbox got activated.