201502 MAU and platform distribution

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

guanlisheng
MMEX Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

201502 MAU and platform distribution

Post by guanlisheng »

only 2% users are Linuxer
201502-mau-platform.png
201502-mau-platform.png (69.02 KiB) Viewed 5427 times
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
oshunluvr
New MMEX User

Re: 201502 MAU and platform distribution

Post by oshunluvr »

only 2% users are Linuxer
Maybe partially because your packaging, Ubuntu ppa, and source compiling guides are months/years out-of-date?

I get that it's tough to keep so many platforms current, but there are a considerable number of Linux users that - like windows and mac users - want to be able to install and use an application without being a developer or package maintainer of it. Taking into consideration that there are other options, many potential users are just going to opt-out if they perceive your offering is too difficult to get installed.

If you want Linux users - build it, and they will come.

Build me a package I can install and use, and I'll donate - because my operating system is free.
Geoplace
New MMEX User

Re: 201502 MAU and platform distribution

Post by Geoplace »

I agree with oshunluvr that the up to date package installers for main linux distros is a big factor in that trending.

The last couple of months I was searching and trying to install MMEX on OpenSuse13.2 without sucess, the only rpm's available are too much outdated so I don't try it because it's almost sure that it is incompatible with the android app.

I propose in other thread to use the Open Build System, I'm new to that platform but If someone tutor me, I have basic knowdlege of c++, I could maintain a package for some linux distros.