Problems with Credit Card Accounts in the Linux version

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

ValhallaSystems
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Problems with Credit Card Accounts in the Linux version

Post by ValhallaSystems »

I'm using MMEX 1.1.0 as it the latest stable version available for download. Running it on Mint Linux. Storing the database file in Dropbox.

I chose MMEX as it is multi platform, and I'm running Android, Windows and Linux (on separate machines!)

I have four Credit Card Accounts, entered on the Windows version. They show correctly on both the Windows and Android versions, but the Linux version presents them as "Stocks" accounts and does not show any details when one of them is selected. Attempting to Edit an Account shows the account type as Checking, but it's faded out and not editable. In fact, Credit cards Accounts are not an available option in the Linux version. If I change the Account type to "Credit card" in the windows version and then view it in the Linux version it is presented correctly as a Checking account, with all details displayed. This is a poor work around.

Am I missing something? Or is the Linux version definitely missing the option to define a Credit card account? 
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: Problems with Credit Card Accounts in the Linux version

Post by GabrieleV »

Linux version it's quite old and doesn't support credit card accounts type.
ValhallaSystems
New MMEX User

Post by ValhallaSystems »

So ... what are the plans to make the Linux version fully compatible with the Windows and Android versions? It would be nice not to have to use a work around which is what it looks like I'll have to do if I'm going to stick with MMEX. There are not that many applications that work on all three platforms.  
cecca
New MMEX User

Post by cecca »

Me too wish to have a fully working Linux version.
The lack of a nice way to reconcile the account (a separate window where I can check off the various entry agains my bank statement would be nice) and the lack of a Linux version are  two points in favour of the change of the app.

I'm really looking for an app tha work under Android, Windows (maybe a portable version) and Linux: can you suggest one?
Geoplace
New MMEX User

Post by Geoplace »

I'm also wish a real true cross platform application?

I'm waiting for HomeBank to release it's Android Client to switch to it. Meanwhile I'm struggling with this issue.