Updating to 1.2.5 via ppa

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

jjd
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Updating to 1.2.5 via ppa

Post by jjd »

Wonderful that MMEX now has a ppa for Ubuntu/Mint. I already have version 1.1 installed with Mint 17.3 and wish to upgrade to 1.2.5.  
Is it necessary to remove the existing version 1.1 to update or will the update deal with that. Sorry if this is a basic question but I have never updated from a .deb version to one installed via a ppa.
Many thanks.

jjd
dwrj87
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Updating to 1.2.5 via ppa

Post by dwrj87 »

jjd wrote:Wonderful that MMEX now has a ppa for Ubuntu/Mint. I already have version 1.1 installed with Mint 17.3 and wish to upgrade to 1.2.5.  
Is it necessary to remove the existing version 1.1 to update or will the update deal with that. Sorry if this is a basic question but I have never updated from a .deb version to one installed via a ppa.
Many thanks.

jjd
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but it might be better to remove it and then install the current version. Your settings etc are saved in the home directory, and your accounts saved wherever you saved them, so it should have no effect on them removing MMEX and reinstalling

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove mmex
sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:dwrj87/mmex-text
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mmex