Problem Updating UK Funds

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Bonifacio
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Problem Updating UK Funds

Post by Bonifacio »

Hi @ MMEx

Grateful for some help .

I am using latest development version of MMEx on Windows 10 fully updated.

I have put together some portfolios of stocks and funds. I am able to update stocks to their current prices without problem, in fact it is a very fast process.

In respect of funds they do update but the prices are incorrect. When I look into this further all the funds update to the 28 June 2023 only, not the current date . As an example:-

Invesco Asian Y Fund Acc Ticker symbol GB00BJ04DS38.L Price as of 28 June 2023 £3.58 from MMEx download. Price as of 29 September as per Financial Times £5.1644.

It looks to me that, as of 28 June Yahoo Finance made some changes and that the URL link now used in MMEx is not up to date.

For information the Yahoo UK finance site shows different Ticker symbols for all the funds I cannot update correctly i.e.

Invesco Asian Y Fund Acc Ticker Symbol 0P00012AOT.L Price as of 29 September 2023 £5.1644.

However when I use the new ticker symbols they do not work with MMEx.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem.

Thank you

Terry
nstein
Developer

Re: Problem Updating UK Funds

Post by nstein »

Hi Terry,

Regarding GB00BJ04DS38.L, it appears Yahoo only has data up until 25 Jun 2018.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 140658.png

MMEX will pull this data if you edit the investment, click the "Download Stock Price History" button at the bottom (looks like a circular arrow), and select "10 Years" or "Max". However, this is not particularly useful as Yahoo reports the historical price in GBP but uses units of GBp, so the amount is a factor of 100 too low:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 142505.png

However, I have no issues with 0P00012AOT.L as MMEX happily fetches the current price and all historical prices (back to 17 Jun 2019 which appears to be as far back as Yahoo has prices). How have you configured your investment? As long as you have 0P00012AOT.L in the "Stock Symbol" field it should pull the rates.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 141550.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nstein
Developer

Post by nstein »

Also, you noted in another post that you are receiving a connection error message. What is the actual error message you receive when trying to update rates? This may help pinpoint where the issue is.
Bonifacio
New User

Post by Bonifacio »

HI nstein

Thanks for offering to help. I had almost given up on MM Ex.

First, I am using MM Ex portable 1.7 version on Windows 10 latest version 16gb Ram and Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz,

When I try to to update prices of shares i.e. SHELL plc I get an error message "SSL connect error"

In addition when I try to to update from HELP (F1) "Check for Updates" I get Unable to check for Updates Error:SSL Connect error

Finally, If you are able to help me, what is the procedure for updating all securities at once. What I described above is updating each individual security?

Thanks you so much.

Terry
Bonifacio
New User

Post by Bonifacio »

Hi nstein

Further to my previous post I also cannot download prices for funds, an example is shown on the attachment i.e. Invesco Asian Y Fund Acc. Ticker symbol 0P00012AOT.L

Can you shed any light on why

Thanks

Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nstein
Developer

Post by nstein »

The "SSL connect error" is an error message from cURL indicating that it cannot establish a secure connection to the intended target (Yahoo and Github require HTTPS).

Can you please test the 1.7.1 RC1 version (found here)? This has a much more recent version of cURL included (MMEX 1.7.0 uses cURL 7.82.0 while 1.7.1 now uses cURL 8.5.0).
Bonifacio
New User

Post by Bonifacio »

Hi nstein

Thanks for your reply

Just tried the version you referred to in your last post (1.7.1 RC1) but I am still receiving the same error message i.e. "SSL connect error"

Thanks

Terry