Income and expenditure report

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Garsa100
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Income and expenditure report

Post by Garsa100 »

Like a lot of people, I am looking for a replacement for Quicken to do my self-employment accounts. I find MMEX is very good when it comes to entering the income and expenditure data, but I am then struggling to produce a report showing that income and expenditure, and the net profit for the financial year.
The Income Vs Expenses section shows me a bar chart, rather than a set of accounts.
In the accounts section I can filter all transactions for the financial year, but I then have to get out a calculator to total them all up to work out the total income and expenditure and the annual profit.
Surely I must be missing something basic?
Gary
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Income and expenditure report

Post by whall3y »

You can select individual (selected "Specific Accounts") or groups of accounts on the "Income vs Expenses" report and it will filter the data based on the selection - so you at least not need the calculator.
Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 18.40.22.png
Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 18.40.22.png (134.44 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
If you need a specific report then you could use the "General Report Manager" to create what you need.

Does that help?
Garsa100
New MMEX User

Re: Income and expenditure report

Post by Garsa100 »

Thanks for your help. Yes, I suppose that is a convoluted way to get the totals without using a calculator providing you are confident that the, for example, the total expenditure is the total of the same figures you have entered as expenditure for that financial year.
As for the general report manager with all its talk of "Choose the tab: SQL, insert the SQL script into the editor window,check that the SQL script finishes with a semicolon, then pressthe Save button" it might as well be written in Chinese. I have no idea what any of that means.
I just can't believe you can't get a simple income and expenses report for a financial year. Isnt that what everybody wants from accounting software? It was simple in Quicken.