Google Drive sync

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Soundtek
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Google Drive sync

Post by Soundtek »

I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't use Dropbox and will continue not to use it. I had a (personal) problem and I lost all login data: password and google auth. Because of this I cannot log back into my account and the support politely told me "It's your problem, we can't do anything" which is absurd since that is my legitimate account.Inside I had important documents and backups of all kinds. All thrown down the toilet. For this reason I don't use Dropbox and have switched to Google Drive.

Now, MMex works very well on desktop and through the shared folder it backs up the database every time the program is closed.
The problem arises when I want to sync the db on Android, which is not possible since from the application, when I select "Open database", I can see the db files on Drive but I can't open them, so I can't do anything.

It is absurd to have to force users to use Dropbox, is there any hidden sponsorship?
stpharm
New MMEX User

Re: Google Drive sync

Post by stpharm »

Soundtek
New MMEX User

Post by Soundtek »

Thank you but I've already saw that guide. It doesn't work.
Pugwash59
New MMEX User

Post by Pugwash59 »

You're not the only person who doesn't use Dropbox. I use Google DriveSync and it works well between my desktop and my laptop, but I haven't been able to get it working with Android, so cannot use it on my phone or tablet.

I will, however, look again at the instructions referred to by stpharm and, who knows, might get it to work this time.

In the meantime, I share the OPs frustration.
demxic
New MMEX User

Post by demxic »

I am having the same problem. Please help. I really need to use my MMEX in my laptop and android device.

When I try to open the database from ther Google drive option, I can't select the phone.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Which Android / MMEX version is it ?

by the way: the MMEX Android version is unfortunately already a bit old, because there is currently no developer who develops a new Android version based on the latest software.
Here is another link:
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... .02.14.994
Renato Forum Administrator