How do I extract reports to Excel?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

picadillyjim
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

How do I extract reports to Excel?

Post by picadillyjim »

Apologies if this has been answered before, any links to previous posts are also welcome.

My Personal Finances have been in a mess for so long. I had paid for and been using AceMoney for a few years, but have got increasing frustrated by the deterioration and the lack of the support. I have also paid for and downloaded a couple of other apps, which wewre not satisfactory. I finally came across MMEX somewhere, and I have been using it for about 3 months now. I have forced myself to have the discipline to maintain entries weekly and be up to date, and can see a glimmer of hope in getting my finances back in line in due course.

I am using this for my own benefit, and I don't care about Financial Accounting Good Practices etc, so I have overcome difficulties in recording Loans/Mortgages etc in my own way and am happy with it.

One thing I am struggling with , and it may simply be an ID10T error on my part - I cannot figure out to extract any report to Excel, For example, I need a report on Mnthly Incone and Expenses - It opens up a huge dialogue box where there are lots os selections, but nothing actually seems to happen. I once managed to get a csv file by accident, but whatever I did then, I cannot replicate this success.

I just want whatever I see on screen to be downloaded into excel. Example, there is a standard report called, "Where the Money Goes". This is great. I just want the tabular part to be able to export to excel just as it is shown on screen.

Sorry for long post, can anyone help?

Thanks
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: How do I extract reports to Excel?

Post by Renato »

I would highlight the range you want in MMEX, copy and paste into Excel.
Renato Forum Administrator
picadillyjim
New MMEX User

Post by picadillyjim »

Interesting, Thanks, That does work, and will do for me.

Thanks and Regards
Harish
Nickallington
New MMEX User

Post by Nickallington »

The planned way would seem to be to generate the report, then right-click on it. The dialog box that pops up offers you an 'Export to Microsoft Excel' option. However, when I click it, it opens a blank Excel spreadsheet, and I have not yet figured out how to get the data into it. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I do copy and paste, as a workaround, but the formatting is a problem. Also, for those who haven't spotted it, the thousands separator defaults to a space, which interferes with any totals or subtotals you add in as the number is treated as text. The solution to that is to open the currency dialog, double click on the currency and change the Grouping Char from (space) to "," .
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Renato Forum Administrator