Attachments

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

kyanitemike
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Attachments

Post by kyanitemike »

Can anyone tell me when a vacuum is run whether transaction attachments and repeating transaction attachment are re-indexed. 

I find the attachment feature very useful for my records. I have deleted a number of records which were erroneously entered but I do not want to run vacuum until I am certain that it will not corrupt the attachments folder.

Thanks
Mike
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: Attachments

Post by GabrieleV »

When you delete a transaction within MMEX interface, you delete also its attachments.

Also, attachments are stored in attachments folder. On DB you have only link between transaction and file name.

PS: From version 1.2.0 (now in beta) it's possible to vacuum DB directly within MMEX interface using function "Optimize database"
kyanitemike
New MMEX User

Post by kyanitemike »

GabrieleV wrote:When you delete a transaction within MMEX interface, you delete also its attachments.

Also, attachments are stored in attachments folder. On DB you have only link between transaction and file name.

PS: From version 1.2.0 (now in beta) it's possible to vacuum DB directly within MMEX interface using function "Optimize database"
Thanks Gabriele. I understand that when a transaction is deleted its attachment is also deleted.

My concern is for the remaining attachments in the DB These appear to be referenced by a line number - e.g. "Transaction_3742_Attach1" and I wondered if this reference remains the same or is re-indexed by using the vacuum command.
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

No, it remains the same also after vacuum. And other future transactions will never recover old IDs but they continue to increase ID (3742 in that case is the ID of transaction)
kyanitemike
New MMEX User

Post by kyanitemike »

Thanks Gabriele that has clarified things for me. :D
kyanitemike
New MMEX User

Post by kyanitemike »

I have made a $30 donation via Paypal. I have been using MMEX for over 5 years and would be lost without it. Thanks
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Many thanks for the donation!

The MMEX team