Keyboard shortcuts for accessibility

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

skippdiddly
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Keyboard shortcuts for accessibility

Post by skippdiddly »

I would like to thank all the developers for bringing us this very functional open source program.

I have trouble using a mouse and so I use keyboard shortcuts whenever possible. Is there a complete list of all keyboard shortcuts available in Money Manager Ex?

For example, to access the Recurring Transactions (table) windows:

I press Alt+T+R from the toolbar or while in Navigation Pane, cursor down each category (table) to Recurring Transactions. The Recurring Transactions window displays in the right pane but there is no way to focus in the list without clicking.

What happens in Win 8.1 when I cursor down the navigation pane, is each table is displayed in the right pane, that is: Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Assets (including their subcategories (tables), and the MMEX Application titlebar is active. However, when I cursor down to Recurring Transactions, the Application Titlebar becomes inactive and keyboard focus is lost completely. I cannot move either up or down the categories any further using the cursor. I have to press Alt-Tab to switch out of the MMEX application window and then back again. It appears this action does regain focus because MMEX app is again highlighted in the titlebar, the Recurring Transactions table name is highlighted in the navigation pane, and I can now cursor up or down to Budget Setup, etc. However, any attempt to press a key and/or modifier key from Recurring Transactions such as enter, tab or right arrow to access the Recurring Transaction list in the right pane, results in a critical stop beep or the MMEX app titlebar becoming inactive.

Basically, the right pane is not navigable by keyboard for any of the tables without first clicking in it, whether the tables are accessed from the toolbar or navigation pane. I'm hoping that shortcuts might be included in the design in the future. But if there is any combination of keys that I have overlooked, I'd greatly appreciate knowing. Thank you.
skippdiddly
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for accessibility

Post by skippdiddly »

So my question is what keyboard shortcuts will permit me to navigate from the toolbar into the Recurring Transactions table, without the use of the mouse?