Newbie queries on reconciliations and transaction view

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

dzalcman
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Newbie queries on reconciliations and transaction view

Post by dzalcman »

Hi, I am a long time Microsoft Money user, and have recently found MMEX.  Thank you for a wonderful product!  I am still learning the intricacies of the software......I was wondering if someone might be able to provide me with some advice on two topics?

1. I use one of my bank accounts to transfer funds to my credit card account.  However, when I reconciled my credit card account after receiving my statement, it automatically marked the transfer transactions in the bank account as reconciled as well (even though I haven't yet received my statement for the bank account).  I hope I have explained myself properly!  Is there any way to avoid this automatic reconciliation on the bank account side of the transfer transaction?

2. When I open MMEX, I change the "Transaction Filter" view to "All Except Reconciled" status.  However, when I close MMEX and re-open it, it doesn't remember this view setting......I have to change it each time.  Is there some way that the view can be saved?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Daniel
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Newbie queries on reconciliations and transaction view

Post by Nikolay »

1. Please check the application options.
2. The status of the transaction filter (first small ico (>) on the top of the account) should be saved for each account separatly. 
dzalcman
New MMEX User

Re: Newbie queries on reconciliations and transaction view

Post by dzalcman »

Thanks for the quick response Nikolay, I appreciate it.

1. Can you please tell me which specific area in the Application Options.  I've gone into Tools / Options, and had a look through the various sub-categories, but can't find anything that relates to bank reconciliations.

2. When I open a specific account in the left panel, I then click on the > Transaction Filter at the top of the account window.  I change the Status to "All Except Reconciled" and click OK.  This has the desired effect.  However, as opposed to your previous post, it actually keeps that Transaction Filter setting for each of the bank accounts I then click on, but if I close the MMEX program, and re-open, the Transaction Filter setting is back to default.

Thanks again Nikolay.

Kind regards,

Daniel