Extra Character Added to Note Field When Importing from .qif

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Mudplugger
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Extra Character Added to Note Field When Importing from .qif

Post by Mudplugger »

I am another convert from MS Money and I am trialling MMEX to see if it meets my requirements.  I have a MS Money DB that I use to manage income and expenditure from my property portfolio and in MSMoney there is an additional Classification Field that allows me to flag transactions for a specific Property.  So I have Payees, Categories & Properties.

I can't find a Properties Classification within MMEX so I assume it does not have this yet.

My problem is when I import the .qif export from MSMoney into MMEX the Properties Classification is being imported into the Notes field.  This is not a problem and actually helps me filter transactions by property easily. However on import there is an additional 'n' character being added by MMEX to the field.  The following is a section of my .qif file and I am attaching a screen shot of the same data in MMEX to show the difference.

Code: Select all

^
D28/10/2015
MTN : xxxxx-xxxxxx
T850.00
Pxxxxx ( Jennifer )
L10- Rent: Direct/E = 3 High View, xxxxxxxxxxxx
^
D29/10/2015
MTN : xxxxx-xxxxxx
T750.00
Pxxxxxx ( Alex and Jodie )
L10- Rent: Direct/D = 2 High View, xxxxxxxxxxx 
^
Capture.PNG
File comment
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
Obviously the xxx represents anonymised data.

As you can see  from the screen shot the property classification (E = 3 High View, xxxxxx) imports correctly as does the contact Phone Number MTN : xxxxx-xxxxxx but in between those two items an 'n' is being added.

Any ideas what I can do to prevent this happening?

Thanks