Balance Errors!!!!

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

pscribby
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Balance Errors!!!!

Post by pscribby »

My wife and I use this app on our Android smartphones, and we also both have the desktop app on our laptops.  I've been having trouble reconciling to my bank for checking account...  after lots of very careful reconcilliation, it still would not balance, so then I started checking Money Manager's math....  sure enough, Money Manager isn't adding subtracting correctly!!!!   here are a few transactions that I came up with that are WRONG!!!!

Prior Balance Transaction Amount Balance Result  Error Amount

4910.55  -60.12    4780.43   off by 70
655.27    -70.00    4840.55   off by 4255.28
-55.88     -210.00    109.06   off by 374.94

There are several other errors... also, the first 2 transactions listed, the balance was not carried, instead the erroneous value was skipped, the next transaction in the sequence picked up the previous balance as if the transaction with the error never occurred, however, the 3rd one and several after it did carry the erroneous balance on to the next transactions in the sequence...

I absolutely cannot use this app if this is not fixed ASAP!  I will share this in a review if I do not get a solution VERY QUICKLY!!!!

HELP!!!
sterling
Super MMEX User

Re: Balance Errors!!!!

Post by sterling »

I would put this down to user error. Are you site the debit credit is correctly used? How have you input the data? By importing CSV or qif or manually?

This software is used by many for years and is free and written by volunteers.

Your threats are a pretty disgusting way to treat the devs working for free!  How many viewers do you even have? 2?

I personally hope they don't help you with your problem.
pscribby
New MMEX User

Re: Balance Errors!!!!

Post by pscribby »

sterling wrote:I would put this down to user error. Are you site the debit credit is correctly used? How have you input the data? By importing CSV or qif or manually?

This software is used by many for years and is free and written by volunteers.

Your threats are a pretty disgusting way to treat the devs working for free!  How many viewers do you even have? 2?

I personally hope they don't help you with your problem.
Seriously dude? 2 users, 2 platforms. I am a programmer myself. It wasnt a threat, it was a plea for help. This program cant do math, randomly deletes entries and randomly creates duplicates that weren't there days before... Seems like a corrupt database to me... Totally hosed up our finances for a month - never thought i would need to check a program's ability to do arithmetic. Problem fixed now - dumped this pos program and purchased a legit finanace manager from another vendor. Thanks for treating me like an ignorant troll though... Dont bother replying - i wont be coming back.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk