balances wrong after update

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

belly5uk
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

balances wrong after update

Post by belly5uk »

All my accounts were reconciled with my bank statement balances. Updated to version 1.2.7. Now a couple of accounts showing that I am that £2k in the black and £2K in the red, when they were zero balances before up date :shock: :cry:

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received :D
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Re: balances wrong after update

Post by guanlisheng »

would you mind to provide some details (for instance, snapshot here)
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
belly5uk
New MMEX User

Post by belly5uk »

sorry I'm a bit confused!!!!

You want me to provide you with a screenshot of my accounts? I don't know you, so that won't happen purely because of data protection

I am prepared to tell you that somewhere along the line after a update one of my accounts is showing £1990 to much in it and the other is showing £2860 in the red and the one feeds the other. All the figures were been reconciled with my last bank statement (April and  going back SIX years) and they were both a lot closer to zero than those figures.

i am sorry about being a bit vague here but something, somewhere has gone wrong after the update and now it looks like I am going to have to spend a considerable amount of time going through bank statements to try and chase the fault out :(
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

hi, 
i don't meant your finance data and you can fake some data to illustrate what's wrong here.  
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
belly5uk
New MMEX User

Post by belly5uk »

I don't think that I can fake some data, because this has only happened on two accounts out the twenty two different accounts that I hold, with one of those accounts (account A) making payments into the other (account B).

The trouble is account A is showing £2,000 in credit when it is less £0.56p and account B is cleared every month with money from account A . Account B is showing -£2,559 when this should actually be -£356 that I have spent from the account since it was last reconciled at the back end of May

All the other accounts tally up with my current bank statements for May. the two accounts in question were reconciled to the end of April with the bank statements (Account A £0.27p and Account B -£356).

I have no idea how or why this happened, all I know is that all the accounts were correct to the bank statements before the update and now I have two that are very wrong which means a lot of work for to try and sort this out reconciling the two accounts with both of them going back to 2010