Recurring transactions

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

alas
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Recurring transactions

Post by alas »

I like to do forward transaction for up to 6 months.  Is there any way I can do this, rather the each individual transaction for each month; very labourious.
Thanks
paulcroft
Senior MMEX User

Re: Recurring transactions

Post by paulcroft »

I'm not sure I understand your question but I think Recurring Transactions are what you are looking for, half way down the Navigation page.
Paul, MMEX user since April 2010
alas
New MMEX User

Post by alas »

Thanks Paul.  I didn't make it very clear.  I use the recurring transaction section and I have a list of monthly Direct Debits, Standing Orders etc.  I have them in payment date order.  What I like to do is enter three months in advance, so that I can see my bank figures three months forward.  However,to do this I have to select each item in recurring transactions, click on enter, click OK and then select the next item.  This is very slow, especially if you are doing as I do, three months forward.  What I would like to do is select all or some of them and say enter for all selected.  Can't see any way of doing that. Alasdair
farhat
New MMEX User

Post by farhat »

Hi - I like to look forward one year - what I do is set the recurring transactions to post automatically on the due date then use the PC application and set the Date on my PC one year forward.The transactions will post automatically for the whole year when you open MMEX on the PC. Then reset the date on the PC. A bit crude but not found another way to do this yet.
alas
New MMEX User

Post by alas »

farhat wrote:Hi - I like to look forward one year - what I do is set the recurring transactions to post automatically on the due date then use the PC application and set the Date on my PC one year forward.The transactions will post automatically for the whole year when you open MMEX on the PC. Then reset the date on the PC. A bit crude but not found another way to do this yet.
What a brilliant idea.  Thank you very much.
chriscross321
New MMEX User

Post by chriscross321 »

As much as I also think that 'farhat's' suggestion to change the pc date is a possible get around, it's not an ideal solution to the problem, and I do believe it is a problem as I have seen a few people mention this very same thing now.

I myself always keep track a month ahead and with around 100 monthly recurring transactions, I have been manually posting them each month so I am able to keep track of next months transactions, ahead of time, this is very important to me.

I believe that a sensible solution would be to add a function to the MMEX Options, Under General Options, to select 'The Number Of Months In Advance to Post Recurring Transactions'.  Setting the default to '0' (Months) which is as it is currently, with a possible maximum of '12' (Months).

Can MMEX respond please as to whether this type of function is possible, thanks..