merge two accounts?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

TC416
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

merge two accounts?

Post by TC416 »

New user here... switching from Quicken. Liking what I see so far.  Taking me a while to fix up some duplicate transactions after importing the Quicken QIF file.

One problem I am having is that the import process created two separate credit card expense accounts (probably because I had used two different categories for the same credit card... by mistake)  
So, now i have transactions (not duplicate) in two separate accounts for the same credit card.  

There doesn't seem to be a quick way to 'mass-move' transactions, I can only see individual copy'n paste.
Is there a way to merge two accounts?  

Thanks
T.C.
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: merge two accounts?

Post by GabrieleV »

I don't know exact name, but there should be an option like "relocate account" that moves all transactions from an account to another
TC416
New MMEX User

Post by TC416 »

GabrieleV wrote:I don't know exact name, but there should be an option like "relocate account" that moves all transactions from an account to another
I see. I will try. Thanks!

T.C.
Daddy Peacebucks
Senior MMEX User

Post by Daddy Peacebucks »

GabrieleV wrote:I don't know exact name, but there should be an option like "relocate account" that moves all transactions from an account to another
Old thread, but I was looking for the same thing. "Reallocate Account" is used to change the account type, for example changing a Credit Card account to a Checking account. "Relocate Category" lets you change one category to another, for example payments originally allocated for "Rent" become "Mortgage" payments.

Neither allows you to merge two existing accounts. If this feature doesn't exist (any other ideas on how to do this?), it would be a good feature to add.
MMEX v1.6.2 [portable 64-bit]
(certified vegan and now with EXTRA gluten!)
latedev
Senior MMEX User

Post by latedev »

It is easy to merge 2 accounts.

Export for the account you wish to merge from as a qif export.

Now import this QIF file into the account you wish to merge with.
alarawany
New MMEX User

Post by alarawany »

one account is enough.....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science