Version upgrading

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Merlinphil
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Version upgrading

Post by Merlinphil »

I've been using 0.9.2.0 since 2007.  I'm considering upgrade to latest version on Win10.  I can't find instructions for installing new download and converting database.
Can smeone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?  Thank you.
stef145g
MMEX Developer

Re: Version upgrading

Post by stef145g »

While many changes have been made, but the file structure is basically the same, except for added tables that have occurred since the version you have.

Steps:
1. Download the latest release version from GitHub Releases
2. Select the setup version - mmex_v1.3.0_build392_x64_setup.exe (assuming you have Win10 64Bit System)
3. Save the download version
4. Create a copy of your database.
5 Run the setup version. This will install the new version

You may want to create a new database to get a feel of the new interface before opening your database

When you run the new version, this will ask you to create a new database or use an existing one
- Select  open an existing database
- The database should be automatically upgraded to the latest version
- There will be a few differences in the database definitions if this is compared to a newly created database but the changes are compatible with the old database.

Note:
1. Once the upgrade has been done, new tables will be added to the database.
2. The old program may still be able to open the upgraded database, but it will not be able to display any new additions.

One major change is in the handling of currencies. The file structure is the same, but the initialising of the currencies is totally different.
Currencies are internally initialised when the table is created. Therefore the old upgraded database will not be able to initialise all the new currencies.
We can discuss this further when you have the new program working on your database. 
Regards: Stefano
stef145g
MMEX Developer

Re: Version upgrading

Post by stef145g »

Issues can be directly reported on GitHub
As issues are found and fixed issues, new builds are created in .zip format.

Instructions on where and how to download the updated builds can be found in GitHub Wiki 
Regards: Stefano