importing files into account

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

tigtan
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

importing files into account

Post by tigtan »

I have tried to look at older support forums and some of the answers seemed  a bit ridiculous.  I bank with a large international corporate bank, HSBC.  My problem is that I have been trying to import a file like a previous user was, but it includes a header called "Type" which defines whether the transaction is a withdrawal or deposit.  The standard MMEX does not facilitate this, and I can not use the other option as a work around.

Nor could I find a way to add this header onto the database myself.  It seems a bit ridiculous to expect users to manipulate huge csv files, if it's a month's statement fair enough but it could be a larger file.  It would be easier to add on a function that could add on one's own header on own database.

If there's a way to do this, is it feasible or not?  I imagine it's possible.
thompsonson
New MMEX User

Re: importing files into account

Post by thompsonson »

If you are comfortable with editing some configuration files and running two SQL queries check out this: https://sourceforge.net/p/mmexnet/wiki/ ... onsoleApp/

The wiki page includes detailed information on what to do and how to import ofx files that can be downloaded from banks such as HSBC.

Matt
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: importing files into account

Post by Nikolay »

Dear Tigtan,

What kind of file you are trying to import?
What are values of the 'type' field?
could you provide sample file?