stock portfolio:stocks

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Richard
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

stock portfolio:stocks

Post by Richard »

when i up dated to the latest version the invested assumed the cost of the portfolio is the current value of the shares when it should have been my original purchases price of the shares, it shows a loss on my  portfolio when it should be a gain. can this be fixed?
Richard
New MMEX User

Re: stock portfolio:stocks

Post by Richard »

Richard wrote:when i up dated to the latest version the invested assumed the cost of the portfolio is the current value of the shares when it should have been my original purchases price of the shares, it shows a loss on my  portfolio when it should be a gain. can this be fixed?
Is it not possible to have the program calculate profit and loss from the original parches price?
eriosw
New MMEX User

Post by eriosw »

vvolant
New MMEX User

Post by vvolant »

Richard wrote:when i up dated to the latest version the invested assumed the cost of the portfolio is the current value of the shares when it should have been my original purchases price of the shares, it shows a loss on my  portfolio when it should be a gain. can this be fixed?
Hi

It seems I have the same issue. Or perhaps I didn't find how to use the shares accounts.
I initially created some inputs in my shares account. Now I have updated the line with the current shares price and number, and mmex shows me the old value as being the current and vice versa. It results in a loss instead of gain….
Did you find any clue?
Is it explained somewhere how to update the shares portfolios?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »