Register foreign currency

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

lseabra
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Register foreign currency

Post by lseabra »

Hi,

Let's say you have a bank account in Euros and you buy something in USD. Is there a way to register this in USD and not on the bank account default currency?

Thanks!
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: Register foreign currency

Post by GabrieleV »

No, currency is defined at account level because all transaction are recorded by bank with the base currency.

PS: I don't know (at least here in Italy) a bank account that records statements in multiple currencies

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
adriann
New MMEX User

Re: Register foreign currency and transacting across databas

Post by adriann »

Good evening

In a similar vein, I have my main database in GBP for all UK accounts and a second in PHP for overseas accounts.   Do you know if  there is a to show a transfer from the GBP account  to the PHP account and converting automatically a specified exchange rate?

thanks in advance!  
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Yes, in currency management you can add change rates, and transfers will automatically use it

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
adriann
New MMEX User

Post by adriann »

That's encouraging - how can I access that?  I've gone through the Options and the MMEX help screens again but cannot see how it is done?
EssayWriter
New MMEX User

Post by EssayWriter »

As far as I know if you pay with dollars not with pounds bank uses inner conversion. And this is not profitable for customers. Try to get different accounts for different currencies.
You want to be a successful student, but don`t know how to? Get all your assignments at Course Work Help and feel the joy of being an A-student. Simple and quick solution to any problem.
Commogwinto
New MMEX User

Post by Commogwinto »

In my case, I tranfer GBP in UK, it is converted to THB in London, then transferred to the Thai Bank, but shows in GBP.  This is not really suitable.  Please is there a way that when a transfer arrives in destination, it will show in the local currency??