Custom Fields

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

csmbTreasurer
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Custom Fields

Post by csmbTreasurer »

Just getting started with MMEX and not understanding how to use custom fields.  I opened the new window and clicked the custom fields button at the bottom, then in the Custom fields window I clicked the add/edit/delete button, added a new custom field, then closed the Personliaze custom fields and Custom Fields dialogs.  I thought perhaps the custom field would then be added to the New Transaction dialog but it wasn't.  SO then I clicked the New Transaction custom fields button again and in the resulting dialog, my custom field name was listed (partially obscured by the Close button) but it wasn't clickable and I couldn't find any way to enter a value for it.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation for this feature so hoping can describe how to use it.

Pete
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Custom Fields

Post by Nikolay »

It's quite new feature and it bad investigated.
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Could you provide some screenshots? Which platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
csmbTreasurer
New MMEX User

Post by csmbTreasurer »

This is on OSX 10.10.

I found the issue.  The Custom fields dialog is too small to show its contents.  Dragging a corner of it to make it wider and higher reveals the custom field names and input fields for them.

IS there a place to file bug reports fro MMEX?  As well as this problem I have run into several others related to custom fields.