Cannot import using csv

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

latedev
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Cannot import using csv

Post by latedev »

I have been using MMEX for years now and although it has had its little foibles most have been fixed and others were just a lack of understanding on my part.

At present I have a problem in understanding the CSV import function. I have had no real problem with qif in the past.
The only problem I had with QIF was that the bank decided to use the currency symbol in front of the amount. I just loaded the file into textpad, stripped out the currency symbol, resaved it then imported it into MMEX.

Along comes GDPR and everyone throws a wobbly, wanting to err on the safe side I guess.
My Bank decided that its online banking was not secure so they created a new on line statement page, but neglected to add QIF or CSV, which I pointed out to them was pretty dumb, given that the reason for having an online web page was to make it easier for their customers than just a paper statement once a month.

However come this month and they have added CSV in the following format:

date postedDate amount description recurringPayment originalCurrencyAmount conversionRate type currency merchant.name merchant.town merchant.postcode
Here is a line of data under the headings

2018-07-13T00:00:00Z 2018-07-15T17:19:24Z 130.79 PAYPAL *ALZA CZ A S 35384365001 GBR FALSE 130.79 1 Current GBP PAYPAL *ALZA CZ A S 35384365001

My problem is I don't understand what the format for the line should be.

I enter date, don't care, amount, payee and the rest, don't care, and nothing happens other than Line: x One of the following fields: Date, Amount, Type is missing, skipping

Money ManagerEx Version: 1.3.3 (DB V .7)
Last edited by latedev on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
latedev
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Cannot import using csv

Post by latedev »

I tried loading this up into Libre office calc, editing it into the field order, where I could, given the info is limited from the bank, and tried to import but with no success.

I have had one little foible and that is at some point during my trials of import, my categories file has been altered to include payee names from the import ?