Synching, or not!

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

Bobb
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Synching, or not!

Post by Bobb »

Hello, I have been using Money Manager Ex for a few years. The last year or two the Beta application. I have been using it synched across a Windows laptop, an LG4 PHONE, and a Lenovo tablet. Dropbox has handled the synching almost without issue in the background, but even when, usually through my own error, an older file has been attached to the app it has been easy to sort out.

I was caught out the other week when you gave up on Dropbox, and forced users to change to the Google and Microsoft offerings of My Drive and Drive, but eventually sorted their use and have been using the app. via Drive. Unfortunately the synch function is clunky at best, it does not synch across devices without considerable intervention.

I have also tried using My Drive but that is no better.

I have no programming skills, but have considerable experience using new software on both a personal and business level, and feel Money Manager Ex in its new form has significant issues with My Drive, and Drive where synching is concerned, it should be automatic as it was with Dropbox.

I am very appreciative of all the work put in by the developers, this is not meant as a criticism, but I hope it is accepted as a positive observation
jjd
New MMEX User

Re: Synching, or not!

Post by jjd »

You are not alone. Same problem using MMEX on Linux desktop, Samsung tablet and Lenovo phone. Worked fine with Dropbox and would have appreciated some warning (pop-up box perhaps) that this fundamental feature would no longer work and a referal to other cloud providers. I have tried Google Drive and Pcloud but both need manual "syncing", which seems to dilute the term. Am evaluating CashOrganizer -a cloud based package that looks it will fulfill all my needs. Suggest other frustrated MMEX users lok at this. No, I am not involved with that package at all. I am only sorry MMEX has not not sufficient resources to introduce such changes efficiently.

JJD
rafamturpin
New MMEX User

Post by rafamturpin »

Mejor Dropbox. Gracias
awatter
New MMEX User

Post by awatter »

+1 to this thread..

Being using this app for several years and now sync is broken. All transactions are on hold until a fix for this arrives. Please hurry...
ScottieRon
New MMEX User

Post by ScottieRon »

awatter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:23 pm +1 to this thread..

I have been using these famous fat burners for men and this app for several years and now sync is broken. All transactions are on hold until a fix for this arrives. Please hurry...
Was this issue fixed or are the transactions still on hold? I wanted to start using app again but this is kind of a deal breaker for me.