The future of MMEX

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

ssummers
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

The future of MMEX

Post by ssummers »

Hi all,

I just read on Github that development of v1.4.x has been suspended and that there is a new v1.3.4.

I'm using mmex for many years and was forced to update to 1.4.x when upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04 because there was no package available and I was not able to build 1.3.x from source. I even submitted a bug report, but it was closed with "won't fix" because it was fixed in 1.4.x.

I managed to build v1.4.x, but ran into the next problem. I couldn't upgrade the database from v7 to v13. So I spend many hours (if not days) to export and import my database into v1.4.x. The main reason why it took so long was, that the export only exported 2 digits of any currency and I'm using 3 digits quite a lot in split transactions. So I had to fix that manually for many years of transactions.

So what is recommended now? Should I downgrade the database to v7 and install 1.3.4 or should I keep using v1.4.x which still seems to work in Ubuntu 20.04. 1.4.x works ok, but crashes quite frequently when doing reports. I don't want to keep using v1.4.x if it's a dead end and will never developed further.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: The future of MMEX

Post by Nikolay »

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There is a easy way to downgrade your DB.

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/2353
christhanah274
New MMEX User

Re: The future of MMEX

Post by christhanah274 »

Great information