I can't get changed data saved

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Phototaker
Senior User
Are you a spam bot?: No

I can't get changed data saved

Post by Phototaker »

I have been using this program on my PC with Windows 10 pro for a few years now & like it. I have just updated to version 1.4 & have run into a serious problem.

I open a recurring transaction list and select an item. I select edit to change amount & expect this to be saved but nothing has happened. I reopen the item & see that my new figure is listed but that this new figure hasn't updated my bank balance.

I try all of this again & select enter as well a changing the amount at the same time,and again no update of bank balance.

I recall that I have a USB that has portable version 1.3 on it & I try all previously mentioned attempts to update files but again nothing happens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Nikolay
Developer

Re: I can't get changed data saved

Post by Nikolay »

Please downgrade DB and use 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 or 1.3.5
https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneymanagerex/files/

How to downgrade DB:
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/2353

Download https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... 3_7_v3.zip and exteact.
Run mmex >=1.3.4 and say Yes when asking about file from support.

PS better to use backup of your DB (.mmb) file. But downgrade possible if needed.
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I now have version 1.3.3 installed.  When I try to run the downgrade DB file. I'm told the MMEX is already is running  and that multiple instances aren't supported.

So I'm stuck.  But one advantage I have has been is that it's using 1 account and I have been using the program just to keep up to date with my Banks account and set up auto payments for reoccurring transactions.

I'm thinking what if I make copy of all of the major files, accounts,payees,categories etc and just started a new DB would that work?
Or perhaps if I exported my data as CSV file and then import it as a new file would this work?
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I still can't get changed data saved.

I have even tried other aspects of the program and seen more strange things.

I tried the daily cash flow forecasting and found that the results being displayed were not at all what I was expecting when I took recurring transactions into account. Very strange?

Are any of the things that I suggested previously possible a fix?
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

You can downgrade DB only using 1.3.5 version of mmex.
Then you can use any othets like 1.3.3 1.3.4 or 1.3.5
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I have tried this again and failed.

I'm using a 64Bit version Windows 10 could I try the 32bit % would this be OK?

I could put the program onto an android tablet if this will make it possible for things to work again OK?

I notice that the program appears in both program files & program files (X86). I don't know why this is but could it be the source of my problems?

I welcome any other ideas?
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I recommend to use portable mmex
1)Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneym ... .3.5-rc.2/ portable mmex and extract to c:\Portable_apps\ folder
2) Run c:\Portable_apps\moneymanagerex\bin\mmex.exe
3) Choose your mmb file
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I have been trying on and off for days now to get the program to do anything  at all. No Change that I make is ever saved. I have tried various versions, 32bit,64bit,portable.  I have even installed the downgrade file.

I can't get any data changed or saved.  I have even done things like going back to file that had been reconciled, changed the amount by a few cents and saved it but nothing happens. 

I try to make the change a second time & my new figure appears but when I close tab the figure hasn't changed.
I have even opened a category and just changed the word & saved it but when I reopen it the original name is still displayed.

Is there anything else that I can try? Is the version for the tablet still working?
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

may be .mmb file is read only?
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I finally got back to trying to resurrect my old account files & get them up to date. I have tied 32 & 64 bit versions as well as portable. Like others I have got the conflicts about an earlier version still being open.

What is the best way to tackle this problem? I can run any version but don't want to set up all the features like Payee's,accounts,repeating payments etc. I only use the program to be reminded to pay my bills on time & know my account balance.

Will creating a new account or trying to clone the existing one work? If I do this should my .mmb files open again with me having to go back to square one? The old .mmb file wasn't read only.

THanks for any help?
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

I recommend to find and delete all mmexini.db3 files on drive c:\
Renato Forum Administrator
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I deleted the file ' mmexini.db3' that you suggested but when I opened the program all I got was the opportunity to create a new account file. None of my old information that I had was there so I restored the file from recycle bin. I'm trying to avoid recreating all of my payees,forward payments etc.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

The mmexini.db3 file stores only language settings, screen size, last opend DB files etc.
All financial sensitive settings will be safe.
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

I still can't get the program to install & correctly display my .mmb data.

It doesn't matter to me what version of program I use so what might be the oldest version that I can still download? And if I were to do this would my MMB files work or is information from later versions embedded in the file?
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding the problem.
I read in an article that it is probably a tablet.
Without concrete information about what kind of software and hardware it is, we are wasting time and can't help.
Phototaker
Senior User

Post by Phototaker »

About a year ago I had MMEX on both my PC & an android tablet. I would have liked to have the program working on my PC especially since the program no longer appears on Playstore.

I have a couple of MMB files from approximately a few close dates but I can't get the program to open these mmb files & display things like bills that are due soon due, list of payees ect. I have tried both 32,64 bit versions as well as portable. I have even tried adding files to downgrade to earlier version & messages when I tried to open program about previous versions being still open.

I can for instance click on the programs icon & it opens & I'm asked if I want to open last opened, existing DB,create new DB. If I click on open last used all I see is a small link on toolbar that won't open.

If I click on other option I get message on attached file.

I'm stuck
Attachments
MMEX Message.JPG
MMEX Message.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 4513 times
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

please read: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9515

by the way: the forum also has a search function