Adding Share Transaction

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Karnak17
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Adding Share Transaction

Post by Karnak17 »

I have just stated using MMEX and have encountered a problem that I have not been able to solve and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I have created a new Investment Account and started to add details of shares owned into this account, however when I have completed the Stock Investment Details under the New Stock Investment Box, Another box is displayed stating 'Share Account Not Found ' - Do you want to create one? so I tick OK and another box is displayed 'Edit Account' I tick OK and another box is displayed - 'Add Share Transaction' I tick OK and a message is displayed informing me that it is an 'Invalid Transaction' and I cannot find out why it is an Invalid Transaction or how to make it a Valid Transaction.
I am obviously not doing something I should but I do not know what.
I would be most grateful for any guidance
siowena
Super MMEX User

Re: Adding Share Transaction

Post by siowena »

When you get to the Add Share Transaction you have to add the Payee and Category.

I personally have added a category "Shares" with sub-categories of Purchase, Sale, Dividend, Charges, Fees

The Payee will usually be either the broker you are purchasing/selling the shares or the actual share company.
Karnak17
New MMEX User

Re: Adding Share Transaction

Post by Karnak17 »

Thanks very much, that is the answer I was not completing the payee and category baxes. Thasnks also for your point about making a 'Shares' category, I will follow that up.