Rental Properties?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

jerryk1234
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Rental Properties?

Post by jerryk1234 »

Hello,

Is anybody using MMEX to manage rental properties? Right now I use Quicken, and I use its "tags" feature to keep track of which property this e.g. mortgage payment etc is for.

- jerryk1234

mikhailo2608il
Super MMEX User

Re: Rental Properties?

Post by mikhailo2608il »

The custom field feature of MMEX is the closest thing to the transaction tag construct in Quicken.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9480&sid=4effc73e1 ... c2f21ac667

You might search for "custom field" in all the forums if the post pointed to by the URL above does not explain their use well enough for you.

Good luck.

jerryk1234
New MMEX User

Post by jerryk1234 »

Looks like a custom field would do just fine. I'd call it "property" and use my usual two-letter codes for my properties. Might need another field or two - one biggie I track is "workers comp". What expenses do I have to pay it on? By having a field for that, I can easily answer my WC vendor's annual question: "How much did you spend for labor last year?".

siowena
MVP MMEX User

Post by siowena »

Hi, unless I mis-understand.

Personally I would add a category / sub-category for the Worker's Comp and not a custom property field as this would allow you to find these transactions using the Transaction Report - can save a report 1-9 with name "Worker's Comp" and save the search parameters.