Budget Categories

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Dazed69
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Budget Categories

Post by Dazed69 »

I have been using Money Manager for a few months now and want to start using the budget section but I can't figure out how to edit the categories and sub-categories. Can It be done and if so can someone please offer some guidance?

Thanks,
Dazed69
siowena
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Budget Categories

Post by siowena »

Assuming you've edited, added or changed the budget categories to names you want.

Now go to Budget Setup on the tool menu.

Add Year -> Type 2020 and Based on "None"

Now go to View -> Navigation (unfortunately there's no other way I can find to get to the budget editing screen
Scroll down to Budget Setup and expand the selection, you'll see you 2020 budget.
Now click 2020 and see your budget template page with all the categories

Double click on any budget category/subcategory and you can set the type (expense or income), amout and frequency.. Note: to set it back to none, just type zero in the amount and click OK.

This give you your Annual budget.

Now, if you also want monthly budget, click the access budget setup either from Tools menu or double click Budget Setup.
Select Add Month and create a budget for the month (e.g. Year=2020, Month=9), set Based on to 2020 and it'll take the values from the 2020 budget you have just setup.

Now you can add/edit the monthly items if you have some variance or unexpected expense that month.