Newbie question about reports

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

bernier
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Newbie question about reports

Post by bernier »

Just switched to a Mac having always used Windows and Microsoft Money to manage finances.

At the end of my financial year I always printed a transaction report (list of all income and expenses transactions) grouped by category, with totals for each category and grand totals at the end.

Is there a similar report for MMEX please, I don't see one like it displayed on the 'Reports' web page at GitHub

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Bernie
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Newbie question about reports

Post by whall3y »

It's a good report to consider. I have raised a feature request. -- https://github.com/moneymanagerex/gener ... /issues/73

In the meantime you could:

1. Do a full transaction report between financial year start and end and sort by category (click on the category header), then print This will give you "a transaction report (list of all income and expenses transactions) grouped by category"

2.Access the categories/monthly report and adjust the start to the financial year start (it will be slightly wrong if year does not start on the 1st of cours)

3. Categories / Summary report can be filtered by financial year also but does not breakdown by month.

Hope that helps in some way.
bernier
New MMEX User

Post by bernier »

Thanks very much, not ideal, but yes, that would work for me.

Cheers,
Bernie
bernier
New MMEX User

Post by bernier »

What exactly are those two reports called please, presumably they are in the list on Github?
Last edited by bernier on Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

For point 2, the report presents as default 12 months back from the current month. You would need to move it back to the start month you need - There are buttons on the report to do this.
bernier
New MMEX User

Post by bernier »

Thanks, sorry I just realised that not having a date range would not be an issue, and I edited out the question from my reply!

So, now I just to need to know the names of the two reports you mentioned, and where I can find them, thanks
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

The reports I mentioned are built into the the application.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 08.57.16.png
Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 08.57.16.png (116.29 KiB) Viewed 11416 times
rintxy
New MMEX User

Post by rintxy »

Hello, I'm trying to use the Categories Summary Report but... total amounts seem very wrong. My date range is the whole time, and I'm using the transaction filter to check the results and they don't match (presumably the latter being correct).
I am doing something wrong? Could there be a bug in that report?
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

:-) Have looked at this...

Actually I think it is the Grand Total on the"Transaction Report" that is misleading when Transfers are include as they appear as two separate transactions A->B and B->A but both appear as debits from the source account. If you choose to just include Withdrawals and Deposits in the "Transaction" report that should give you a better result (assuming you use a simple 'Transfer' category for transfers).

Think we may need to consider clarifying this on the report and/or excluding transfers from the total
arb
New MMEX User

Post by arb »

In contrast I am trying to find out why the Category | Monthly numbers are wrong and I think it's because the Transfers are not included.

I'd like to edit the sql but it's a built-in report. Is there anything like it in the repo I can try? CategoriesStatLast12Months doesn't allow change of date or selection of subset of accounts. (And the graph doesn't work, but I need the correct numbers more importantly)