Attachments list

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

elwood1229
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Attachments list

Post by elwood1229 »

Alright, when I go to the Attachments List report, click on the hyperlink for any of the transactions listed there and it opens to the report window (like the one shown underneath the options dialog in the photo I attached to the previous message) and then right click on that report window, "View Source" is grayed out and clicking on "View Source" does nothing. I used to develop web pages, so I know how this works and it acts as if there is no web page there at all--no source code shows. The same is true even when I try to right click on the box at the upper left hand corner.

Elwood
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Hi, right-click directly when it's shown the attachment list, before click any attachment and see blank screen.
elwood1229
New MMEX User

Post by elwood1229 »

I assume this is what you are looking for: <a href="file:///C:\Users\Hank\Dropbox\apps\MoneyManagerEx Mobile\Attachments\Transaction\Transaction_291_Attach1.pdf">Transaction_291_Attach1.pdf</a>

If it is not, let me know and I will try to locate it for you.

Elwood
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

In Windows, does the file "C:\Users\Hank\Dropbox\apps\MoneyManagerEx Mobile\Attachments\Transaction\Transaction_291_Attach1.pdf" exist and is correct?
elwood1229
New MMEX User

Post by elwood1229 »

GabrieleV wrote:In Windows, does the file "C:\Users\Hank\Dropbox\apps\MoneyManagerEx Mobile\Attachments\Transaction\Transaction_291_Attach1.pdf" exist and is correct?
Yes, I followed the path in Windows Explorer down to the file level and it is correct. The file listed does exist and when I double click on it it opens in Acrobat Reader as expected. The only thing I see that is unusual, is that in the Windows Explorer file tree (in the left hand panel), there is a small lock icon slightly to the left of the folder icon next to the "Hank" folder. I suspect it has to do with sharing but I am not sure why this would affect what we are trying to do. I would have thought it would have only prevented other computers on our network from being able to access the contents of that directory.
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

If file path is correct unfortunately I can't help you.
I've tested on 3 different machine and I always see request to open\download PDF file..
elwood1229
New MMEX User

Post by elwood1229 »

Would the fact that the needed folder is in Dropbox create a problem for this report?

I went through and triple checked the path and I can see no problems with it whatsoever. The only thing that is a little unusual is that I set it up in a Dropbox folder, though it is a subfolder of where the database resides. I wouldn't mind testing it on another folder located my computer, but due to your warning to be careful to not do anything that might create a problem with the attachment folder I am hesitant to do so.

As I mentioned previously, when clicking on the folder clip icon on a transaction that has a file attached, the PDF opens immediately. This report is the only place where there is a problem.

Elwood
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Could you try to disable Adobe PDF Reader in Internet Explorer?
http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/di ... at-xi.html

I don't use Adobe Reader so I haven't that extension on my PCs
elwood1229
New MMEX User

Post by elwood1229 »

Yes, I can do that but it will be a couple of days as I am out of town.

Elwood
elwood1229
New MMEX User

Post by elwood1229 »

I went into IE and disabled the Acrobat Reader plugin as shown in the link you included. Unfortunately, I still have the same issue when trying to view an attachment from the Attachment List report. I rebooted, checked IE to make sure Reader was still disabled and I still get the same error in MMEX. If you have any other suggestions, I would be glad to try them.

Elwood