Grand Total

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

plmr20
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Grand Total

Post by plmr20 »

The home page shows a Grand Total figure which is a sum of the balances in all accounts.  Is it possible to see the SQL query that calculates this?  Also, does anyone have a  report template that shows the Grand Total on the first of the month for each month in a custom date range (e.g. previous year). This would be very useful to keep a historical record of my (declining) wealth.  Thanks for your help.
xraynaud
New MMEX User

Re: Grand Total

Post by xraynaud »

Hello, 
I think this general report does what you want. It is based on the Account trend with forecast report in which I changed the sql.
For some reason, the trend doesn't work on my computer (I can see a trend, but it's in the past, and does not go through the scatter plot) so any help on this point would be appreciated.
I hope it'll help you.

cheers
Xavier 
Attachments
Total-All.grm
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

the report doesn't seem to see my closed accounts, so I think some tweaking is necessary (reclassifying these accounts as Open might work).
Just delet 

Code: Select all

where STATUS="Open"
in line 14

PS Sorry I accidentally delete your last post
jegan145
New MMEX User

Post by jegan145 »

This is the report I was looking for, but I'm having a few troubles with it. Has this report been modified by anyone to include the assets as well? If not, does anyone know how to modify the sql so that the Total-All report includes assets so that it really matches the Grand Total as displayed on the home screen? Right now it is showing my bank accounts and term accounts, but not my assets. Also, the forecast is not getting plotted correctly. The forecast data is showing up on the left of the graph, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Can anyone help with this?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (21.01 KiB) Viewed 6505 times
xraynaud
New MMEX User

Post by xraynaud »

Hello, 

No, the reports only displays bank accounts, not assets. The main reason is that in MMEX v1 changes in asset values are not recorded in the database (at least, this is what I have understood from looking at the sql db). MMEX v2 can record changes, so this code might be changed when mmex v2 goes out. 

As for your problem with the graphic, i had the same problems and updating the http code of the report with the code found here: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/general-reports/blob/master/AccountTrend/template.htt seem to correct the problem.

Hope it helps, 
jegan145
New MMEX User

Post by jegan145 »

Changing the javascript file reference to ChartNew.js did the trick for the report error.
jegan145
New MMEX User

Post by jegan145 »

If anyone else stumbles across this thread, I finished an implementation of a net worth report, and posted about it in a different thread.