Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

beermonster84
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

show my lowest balance

Post by beermonster84 »

Hi,
Everything is great in this program apart from one key feature i am used to, not being there. (or at least i cannot find it).

I am new to this package and forum. I was previously running quicken 2009....
 In quicken i used to be able to go to account summary and project my lowest amount of disposable income over a certain number of years in a bar graph form. So from this year through 23 years for example it would show my lowest balance of £500 which meant i could spend £500 before i did not have enough to cover the bills over that time. Is there a feature on this program that will allow me to do the same.

Sorry for the naivety.
Thanks for reading.  
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: show my lowest balance

Post by Nikolay »

Other words, you need report to show annual incomes?
beermonster84
New MMEX User

Post by beermonster84 »

Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm not so sure it is incomes I want to see. Basically in quicken it would forecast my lowest balance in the account over 20 years and this is what I want to see in mmex. Regards, Ollie. 
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

So you mean a projected "profit"?  It would be possible to write it yourself in the General Report Manager.  Also isn't it just £500*23*12?
beermonster84
New MMEX User

Post by beermonster84 »

sterling wrote:So you mean a projected "profit"?  It would be possible to write it yourself in the General Report Manager.  Also isn't it just £500*23*12?

I'm a simpleton you'll have to forgive me! I just literally want to see the lowest balance in my account over an extended period.  So I used to open up quicken and go to the summery page where there was a bar graph that had, written underneath, "lowest balance forecast before 22/11/2024- £230" which meant to me I could spend £230 before my account dropped below £0.00 at the lowest point. 

I have actually migrated from Windows to Mac and can't get hold of a copy of quicken that will work on Mac or indeed buy one as it is only exclusive to the USA. I ended up being royally done over with this software as I paid £35 for I my from a website I found when desperately searching for programs that will work like quicken on Mac. Little did I know this is actually a free program and I've been done. 

So I have no experience with computers and writing report codes etc. Just your average joe who wants to keep track. 

Feel angry enough I paid for free software let alone not being able to resolve this issue myself! 

Everything else in the program is great mind. Register, reoccurring transactions. 

Hope someone can sort me out!  
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

I have a report that will do that for you i think or something similar at least.  It takes the current balance of an account and applies all the recurring transactions before my next pay day and shows me my projected balance the day before pay day.  Does that sound similar?  If so i'll upload it somewhere for you to import into your moneymanager.

Sorry to hear you paid for this software, its fantastic and powerful and free.
saravanalt
New MMEX User

Post by saravanalt »

Hello Sterling,

Regarding your report (projected balance the day before pay day) , if you could upload it,  would be great. This was the one, I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

I have attached a report you can import into your General Report Manager.  You'll need to modify the SQL so that it works for the account your interested in.  I've not bothered doing the account tag elegantly so the SQL has an accountID in the query to say which accounts its for.  Search in my SQL for '59' and change to the account your interested in (lines 16 and 31).

To find the account ID your interested in just create a new report and copy this SQL into it and test it to see the results.
select * from ACCOUNTLIST_V1;
Attachments
Account Projected.grm
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 628 times