Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

mblank78
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Income vs Expenses future months

Post by mblank78 »

Hi Everyone,
New to this forum however I did not see any specifics on what exactly I am looking for. I have recently moved from using quicken to Money Manager EX and I really like Money Manager EX and will continue to use it.

So here is my question, does anyone know of a report  that would show me  future (recurring and entered) income minus future (recurring and entered) expenses per month? Something so I could see all income minus all expenses for the month of April or May, or June, etc..

For example it is currently February 2016 lets say I want to see what my income vs expenses is for April 2016. I have all my recurring transactions setup for income as well as expenses however I don't see anything that would let me look ahead at future income vs expenses. All of the reports I see only show if it has already been entered. Being able to see future (recurring and entered) income minus future (recurring and entered) expenses per month would help to plan ahead.

I apologize if this has already been asked but I did not find this specifically anywhere.
Thank you,
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Income vs Expenses future months

Post by Nikolay »

Is Cash Flow report the same? Or you need separate values for income and expenses?
mblank78
New MMEX User

Post by mblank78 »

The cash flow report is close but is not quite what I am looking for but it helps, thanks for the info on that as I had not looked too closely at those reports. Those show me the month starting at the current day I am looking at it, so for today it shows what my total is on 2-9-16 and then what it will be on 3-9-16 and so on for the current day of the current month to the same day of the next month. I would like to be able to see it from 3-1-2016 to 3-31-2016 and so on for each month. I realize I can look at it on the first of the month but things change, bills/expenses come up, etc.. so when I add something for a future month I like to look ahead at that month from day one to the last day and see what money is left. This is the one feature quicken had that I am missing, it was a main page/report where I could see a summary of income minus expenses for every month from the 1st day of the month to the last. I am not going back to quicken however as I would rather learn how to write my own reports then I can create anything I want.
mblank78
New MMEX User

Post by mblank78 »

The cash flow reports will be useful. As I am looking at it more closely it looks like it shows me my current balance on the day I am looking and the difference is what's left. So if I look ahead a month or so it shows what my cumulative balance would be on that day, plus income and minus expenses for that time frame and the difference is what's left . At least I am thinking that is what it is showing me.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Hallelujah