Editing Reports

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

petemac
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Editing Reports

Post by petemac »

Hello. I've been using MMEX for a while and find it is very close to what I need, and close to its aim - a simple way to manage relatively simple accounts. I am not a SQL programmer and am grateful to those who do the work on that side.

I would like to create an income-expenses report for a year before the previous year. At the moment I can go back to 2015 but not 2014. Is it possible to simply edit the parameters so that I can enter 2014 dates as the year? I have looked at the repository of submitted reports and can't find any income-expenses template. Is it possible? I have played with the General Report Manager but that does not seem able to edit or duplicate existing reports such as income-expense and I can't find an external income-expense report to import and edit. Thanks for any help.
petemac
New MMEX User

Re: Editing Reports

Post by petemac »

Nobody with any thoughts on this? To rephrase my earlier post, I'm looking for an editable version of the income vs expenses report with figures visible in a table like the 'Last Year' version so that I can try to change the year (so I'd probably need the SQL, Lua and Template files to do a proper job). It must exist somewhere, mustn't it?
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

So far the authors have never given out the reports like that.  Though it will be on sourceforce like the rest of it i assume.
petemac
New MMEX User

Post by petemac »

Thanks Sterling. I'll have a look to see if there's anything I can spot there.
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

There are loads of reports which may suite you anyway.  A few people contribute to just the custom reports section such as myself.  I just dont know where the built in reports source is.
petemac
New MMEX User

Post by petemac »

Thanks. I have trawled through the custom reports section but haven't found anything that offers the simple change to the income/expenses report or anything that successfully adapts (I tried tinkering with a couple). I imagine this is because there appear to be many options in the default installation, which is true, and they are very useful. However, the lack of an option to create custom date ranges for the income/expense reports, beyond the default versions, seems rather limiting to me. No problem if one is assessing accounts that only extend over the last 2 years but not much help if one needs to go back further as I would like/need to do.
frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User

Post by frankieorabona »

petemac wrote:Thanks. I have trawled through the custom reports section but haven't found anything that offers the simple change to the income/expenses report or anything that successfully adapts (I tried tinkering with a couple). I imagine this is because there appear to be many options in the default installation, which is true, and they are very useful. However, the lack of an option to create custom date ranges for the income/expense reports, beyond the default versions, seems rather limiting to me. No problem if one is assessing accounts that only extend over the last 2 years but not much help if one needs to go back further as I would like/need to do.
+1
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

petemac wrote:I'm looking for an editable version of the income vs expenses report with figures visible in a table like the 'Last Year' version so that I can try to change the year (so I'd probably need the SQL, Lua and Template files to do a proper job). It must exist somewhere, mustn't it?
Hi, are you talking about the "Income vs. Expenses" report that's on of the built-on reports (with the monthly sub-report beneath it)?
petemac
New MMEX User

Post by petemac »

Yes, that's the one. In the dropdown one can choose other options such as Financial Year, Last Financial Year and Over Time. But if you choose Over Time the dates are not editable so one cannot go back further than the Last Financial Year.
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

petemac wrote:Yes, that's the one. In the dropdown one can choose other options such as Financial Year, Last Financial Year and Over Time. But if you choose Over Time the dates are not editable so one cannot go back further than the Last Financial Year.
I believe in v1.4.x there will be the ability to enter date ranges into reports.

For now try this attached report to see if it give you want you require. The report shows per year 2015-2020 assuming there are transactions for the year. If you need different years, edit the SQL to have the years your interested in.

It's for v1.3.3.
Attachments
Income vs. Expenses Comparision by Year.grm
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times
Income vs. Expenses Comparision by Year.grm
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 909 times