Reports in Excel

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Reports in Excel

Post by frankieorabona »

There is a way to export reports into excel?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Reports in Excel

Post by Nikolay »

Excel can read HTML
frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User

Post by frankieorabona »

Nikolay wrote:Excel can read HTML
When I export the reports in HTML MMEX give me only a blank page...
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I can't reproduce this.
Attachments
Снимок.JPG
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

frankieorabona wrote:
When I export the report in HTML from MMEX I get a 0 byte Chrome HTML Document presumably because chrome is my default browser. And this empty file cannot be propertly imported into Excel.

However if I right mouse click into the Report output and select Properties I can view an Address (URL) field and if I copied the file path that is given there into Excel it inputs the Report output just fine. file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Temp/MoneyManagerEx_admin_tmp/index.html is an example file path.

So the problem is that the Export to HTML option under the File menu is not properly copying the file referred to in the Properties from within the Report window.
hocko
New MMEX User

Post by hocko »

I use Libreoffice Calc and when I right click anywhere in the report there is an option "Export to Microsoft Excel". When I click this it opens excel.
My fix was:
When you run the report in MMEX it produces an index.html file in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Temp\MoneyManagerEx_lct01_tmp

This can be dragged into Calc

The amount column can be copied and pasted as unformatted text after removing the commer in 1,000’s

All good!
ccabanil
New MMEX User

Post by ccabanil »

mikhailo2608il wrote:
frankieorabona wrote:
When I export the report in HTML from MMEX I get a 0 byte Chrome HTML Document presumably because chrome is my default browser. And this empty file cannot be propertly imported into Excel.

However if I right mouse click into the Report output and select Properties I can view an Address (URL) field and if I copied the file path that is given there into Excel it inputs the Report output just fine. file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Temp/MoneyManagerEx_admin_tmp/index.html is an example file path.

So the problem is that the Export to HTML option under the File menu is not properly copying the file referred to in the Properties from within the Report window.

Podrías explicar como haces esto, ya que compre una computadora nueva y reinstale Money Manager y me pasa esto mismo, ya he revisado el foro y nada no hay manera Incluso en el otro ordenador me aparecía si pulsaba el botón derecho encima un menú donde podía exportar directamente a excel.