Report to forecast near term cash flow

Build and share your cool customized reports built w/ one sql, Chart.js and Lua

Moderator: Renato

mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Report to forecast near term cash flow

Post by mikhailo2608il »

I had a desire for a report to forecast my cash flow for the next month. The Upcoming Transactions pane on the MMEX home page does not forecast far enough ahead for my desires. The built-in Cash Flow report when the Monthly option is selected gives you the aggregate information but I wanted detail lines as well as the total. I hope other MMEX users find this helpful. And I would appreciate your telling me if you find any errors. Thank you very much.
NEAR_TERM_CASH_FLOW.txt
SQL query for forecasting cash flow for next 31 days
(1 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Report to forecast near term cash flow

Post by whall3y »

There is a bug as it includes any Transfers in the near term expenses. It assumes only Deposit and Withdrawal are valid values for TRANSCODE.

Think it should be more like this:
Attachments
NEAR_TERM_CASH_FLOW.v2.txt
(1 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

Thanks for paying attention. I did not have any Transfer transactions in my Recurring Transactions and completely overlooked the possibility of Transfer transactions in my SQL query. Thanks for pointing out this omission and posting a correction.
HelenB
New MMEX User

Post by HelenB »

HI

I am new to MMEX but have managed to get the Cash Flow report discussed here to work :-) THis is just what I was looking for - EXCEPT I would also like to add the running total - Can I ask you more learned users help me - what code would I need to add to the SQL to be able to add this feature? THANKS SO MUCH :-)

I realise I have another request too - How can I split the report to show just one account?

Sorry to be a pain ;-)
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »