Running on two devices (Windows and Android)

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

justakiwibird
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Running on two devices (Windows and Android)

Post by justakiwibird »

Hi

I'm a long time user of MMEX and am currently running it on my Android tablet. Up until now my tablet has been my main "computer" so all my budgeting etc has been done in the Android version. I now have a Windows Desktop to use alongside my tablet.

What I want to know is what's the best way to run MMEX on both devices, so that the database is always up to date regardless of which device I'm using. I know the Android version works via Dropbox so I'm assuming this would be how I would achieve what I want. However, until now I had no need for synching my tablet with anything, so I moved the database to the SD card.

Can somebody please help me figure out how to set this up so that I can access MMEX from either device, keep the database up to date and accurate, without accidentally wiping it/stuffing it up?

Many thanks in advance :)
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Running on two devices (Windows and Android)

Post by Nikolay »

There are no solution for that.
We are looking proper way for synchronization.
FYI http://www.codelathe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5340

My suggestion is close mmex on other devices before open it on another device (only one connection for DB at the same time).
moosedog
New MMEX User

Re: Running on two devices (Windows and Android)

Post by moosedog »

I use Dsynchronize to sync my MMEX database to my Dropbox folder, but I suppose you could just save your databases directly to your Dropbox from both devices.