Android version will not open PC version

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

smjohns
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Android version will not open PC version

Post by smjohns »

Hi,

I am running v1.1.2 64bit on my windows 7 laptop but when I try to open the file on the latest Android version 1.4.15, the file cannot be opened? I normally keep the file encrypted but notice that the Android version does not support encrypted files (.emb) so I then saved my database as an unencrypted file (.mmb) but this cannot be opened either? Is there any way I can get this to work? Am I doing something wrong?
AlessandroL
New MMEX User

Re: Android version will not open PC version

Post by AlessandroL »

hello, how you saved the file from emb to mmb? did you use the Save As on desktop application or you only renamed the file?
Alessandro Lazzari
Project Manager and Main Developer of MoneyManagerEx for Android
android.money.manager.ex@gmail.com
smjohns
New MMEX User

Re: Android version will not open PC version

Post by smjohns »

Thanks for the reply. I performed a save as function using the PC software. 

I have since got this working. It seems that when I attempt to open a .mmb file that is stored locally on the phone or stored on a google drive folder, MMEX will not open the file. When I linked MMEX to dropbox and stored the file there, the file opened without issue. 

Really hope this can be resolved soon as I prefer to use Google Drive to DropBox, which is blocked at work. It would also be really great if encrypted files will be supported soon.