Can't change Base Currency from UK Pound (£) to Euro (€)

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

yapuka
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Can't change Base Currency from UK Pound (£) to Euro (€)

Post by yapuka »

Hello,

I'm a very new user of MMEX, while I was fully satisfied so far, I noticed I can't change the Base Currency to "European euro". When I tap on it, it goes back to the previous screen and still says "UK Pound". I suspected this could have to do with the fact that my OS locale is British English but after switching to my native language (French (France)), the problem persists. A reboot didn't help. Even I switch the app's locale to French, I still can't change the base currency.

Since my phone is rooted, I tried to change the basecurrency value in com.money.manager.ex_preferences.xml but it seems the value of the basecurrency key isn't even read.

It is quite annoying as I never use the UK Pound as a currency, I'm only used to Euro that I use everyday. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Should I report it as a bug? Is it known?

App: 2.4.4 (build 639)
Phone: OnePlus One 64Gb
OS: CyanogenMod 11.0-XNPH05Q (Android 4.4.4 (build KTU84Q))

Thanks
yapuka
New MMEX User

Re: Can't change Base Currency from UK Pound (£) to Euro (€)

Post by yapuka »

I tried:
- redownloading currencies
- refreshing rates
- deleting UK Pound (now it shows nothing as a base currency. I downloaded the currencies again and can't put it back, it clearly shows that setting is being ignored)
- uninstalling/reinstalling
- uninstalling/deleting databases/reinstalling (it didn't set UK Pound back, so I guess it didn't uninstall all MMEX files?)

Any other idea is appreciated.
yapuka
New MMEX User

Post by yapuka »

But then the number of decimals is far too large:
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi,

There was a small issue with updating the value in the preferences editor. The preference was written and later read correctly, though.

The latest version in the Play Store should have this issue fixed. Let us know whether this worked for you, as well.