Can't open mmb database from PC on Android version

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

giuseppe
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Can't open mmb database from PC on Android version

Post by giuseppe »

Hello,
I use MMEX desktop version, but I can't open the db I use on Android; after opening, these errors are showing in sequence:

Error opening readable database
Error init database, currency
Error init database, date format

Then there are no account, operation, etc showed on application.
Attached is a sample db that gave me the same errors.
Much appreciate if somebody can help me solve this problem.
Thanks a lot,
Giuseppe
test.mmb
(252 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
paulle
New MMEX User

Re: Can't open mmb database from PC on Android version

Post by paulle »

Error opening readable database

Same happening to me if try to restore database (stored local on the phone). Restoring from dropbox works.
MMEX is a fine program, but storage and backup options should be better: 1. for local storage should be an option for storing on the local sdcard (if there is one).
2. There shoud be an option for storing in other cloud services (not only dropbox), I had to install dropbox only for MMEX.
giuseppe
New MMEX User

Post by giuseppe »

paulle wrote:Error opening readable database

Same happening to me if try to restore database (stored local on the phone). Restoring from dropbox works.
MMEX is a fine program, but storage and backup options should be better: 1. for local storage should be an option for storing on the local sdcard (if there is one).
2. There shoud be an option for storing in other cloud services (not only dropbox), I had to install dropbox only for MMEX.
At least you can open a database, in the end, I can't... :D
astral_cyborg
New MMEX User

Post by astral_cyborg »

Hello.

I have the same problem.

I copy my Windows version of database to Android every month with no problems.
After the latest Android update, I get "Error init database, currency" and "Error init database, date format". The database is opened and it is editable, but whatever transaction I make, it is stored as doubled.
The same changes happen to both of them whatever modifications I make to either one of them.

The option Settings > Database > Migrate from v1.4 reports that "Old data was found".

I use the latest versions on both systems.

Thank you.
fleetwood
New MMEX User

Post by fleetwood »

Today I encountered this too. Android version does not open database from PC/Dropbox.

Yesterday it worked, but did not sync two long term account transactions I made with PC. Checking account transaction were synced ok.

Today, I cannot open the database anymore on Android devices.
fleetwood
New MMEX User

Post by fleetwood »

I encountered this problem too. I cannot open dropsynced database anymore.

Yesterday everything worked fine, but then I made couple of long term account entries and one checking entry in PC. The checking entry synced ok to Android, but long term entries did not. Today Android app cannot open database anymore.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi, all,

Please try with version 2.20.1. There was some improvement in opening a new database file in this version.
Please report back via email if you expect a response or open an issue in our GitHub repository: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... -ex/issues
Email and GitHub are currently my main points of immediate support. Being back to 1-developer-team requires too much time for administrative tasks so any assistance is highly appreciated.
Thanks for understanding!
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

fleetwood wrote:I encountered this problem too. I cannot open dropsynced database anymore.

Yesterday everything worked fine, but then I made couple of long term account entries and one checking entry in PC. The checking entry synced ok to Android, but long term entries did not. Today Android app cannot open database anymore.
The "long-term entries" are most probably hidden by the date range filter.
fleetwood
New MMEX User

Post by fleetwood »

MisterY wrote:
fleetwood wrote:I encountered this problem too. I cannot open dropsynced database anymore.

The "long-term entries" are most probably hidden by the date range filter.
It is possible, but I don't think so. I remember that I checked filters couple of times, but it didn't help. 

Anyway, my problem is solved atleast for now. I noticed that the same PC/Dropbox database was opened without problems in my other Android device. Then I tried to remove the cache and appdata from appsettings, but that didn't help. Then I removed the MoneyManagerEX folder from my phone with file explorer. After that the database was synced and opened normally. Everything works now and those term entries are there. 
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Thanks for the update. If you note any regularity in the behaviour, please let me know so that it can be corrected.
I am suspecting a situation where Dropbox sync did not go through but the time of the last update was still stored. Might need to try that scenario.

Forcing Dropbox upload or download from the settings screen should also work.