Money Manager EX on Android Problems

MMEX4Android 5.1 and above upon SAF

Moderator: Renato

MisterY
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Money Manager EX on Android Problems

Post by MisterY »

In that case I would wholeheartedly recommend that you join the Beta testing and help prevent any issues from reaching the production stage.
Davepatkelly
New MMEX User

Post by Davepatkelly »

hi
 since the upgrade to 'MoneyManagerEx Android Full'  version 2016.07.18 build 867 I have not been able to upload my file to dropbox either automatically or manually.
I have signed off and on to dropbox,reset preferences etc
The first time I used 'MoneyManagerEx Android Full' I had an email from dropboxsaying I had connected it and it shows in my account page.
 But it does not show on my apps under files
 Please help 
David Kelly
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

All I can recommend is to go through the user manual and configure the synchronisation as described there. The documentation refers to Dropbox still but the principles are the same.
If that doesn't work, I'd advise you to provide some technical details regarding the issue you are experiencing.
You should also run the beta version and report if the results are the same. Beta includes newer version of the cloud sync library.
Davepatkelly
New MMEX User

Post by Davepatkelly »

I have run Beta version build 874 and this works ok in uploading to dropbox.

"Stable" version 2016.07.24 build 873 still does not upload.

What do I do now??

If I uninstall build 873 will I lose my local file?

Please advise
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Davepatkelly wrote:I have run Beta version build 874 and this works ok in uploading to dropbox.

"Stable" version 2016.07.24 build 873 still does not upload.

What do I do now??

If I uninstall build 873 will I lose my local file?

Please advise
No worries, you will not lose anything by uninstalling the app. The database is kept in the Internal Storage so that it is accessible to the user and so that it is not removed with the app.

This way you can use the same database by both stable version and Beta, if you wish to do so. Just keep in mind that they use different last-changed times. Things should still be fairly safe if you synchronize regularly. Just make sure that the latest version is always in the cloud storage.

Btw, Stable should be up to 874 as of yesterday. Let me know, please, if that makes any difference.
The Reset Preferences in the sync preferences form has been improved and you can try that option if the upload is still not going.
dprice8893
New MMEX User

Post by dprice8893 »

Another update this morning and yet again, several error messages and dropbox sync errors:(
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

dprice8893 wrote:Another update this morning and yet again, several error messages and dropbox sync errors:(
Perhaps, then, you could join the Beta testing program and report those issues before they reach the production release?